06 July 2007

Our Beach Vacation: 6x12 album

Every once in awhile, I remember that this is supposed to be a cat AND scrapbooking blog. Not a re-decorating blog. Not a gardener-wannabee blog. Not a strange, random posting blog. Oh, yeah... scrapbooking.

In light of that, here are some photos of a recently completed scrapbooking project for the store where I teach. In making this album, I was lucky to get to use the most wonderful double-sided, textured paper from My Mind's Eye. It comes in all different kinds of patterns and color palettes. It's a mix and match sort of thing. In addition to that, I used a set of giant monogram letters. To me, the combination of the paper colors and the letters evoked sort of an old-world beach type of theme. A few years back, we visited Jekyll Island off the coast of Georgia. The grand, old 1920's hotel pictured here is just that kind of place.

Let me also say that this was my first foray into making 6x12 layouts. They are unbelievably easy and fun to do. Whenever I work on sizes other than my normal 12x12, I always wonder why I'm so wed to that format. So many other sizes and shapes are much, much easier.



Now, back to our regularly-scheduled programming.

6 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Love this album, the colours and detail are amazing

Christine said...

Love the album - your design and colors are great!

bananafish said...

super cute album, I love the large circus letters.

Vee said...

gorgeous album!! :)

Heather said...

I love the mini-album. Adorable!

Janet said...

Thank you all! I loved making this album. If you can ever get your hands on the paper, I would highly recommend it. Beautiful stuff to work with. Janet