23 July 2007

Lupins, anyone?

I had the great pleasure of attending a performance of Spamalot last night. It reminded me how my high school friends and I used to love staying up late to watch "Monty Python's Flying Circus" every weekend. Then for the next week, we completely analyzed every part of it, silly walks included. I reminded Spouse that it's because of Monty Python that I grow lupins in my garden. (Not sure if he ever really knew that.) Man, I grew up with that show.

There are some great moments in Spamalot, including the scene when the ginormous wooden rabbit is wheeled onstage as a secret weapon against the insult-hurling French soldiers.The songs are memorable and full of word play in typical fashion. Loved the words to "All for One" -- pure Monty Python.

All for one
One for all
All for one
And one for all

Some for some
None for none
Slightly less for people we don't like
And a little bit more for me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the play!

Anonymous said...

this was on in London when we were there - we so wanted to go as we are huge MP fans.. but no time... so hoping to catch it here!

Colleen said...

This sounds like it would be a great show!

Lynn said...

I've heard great things about that show. My dh is a Monty Python fan. I love the words to "All for One" also.
Thanks for the wonderful comments you left me today. They cheered me up.

Maureen said...

Hah, hah, hah! I LOVE MP!!! Grew up with it on TV every Saturday night. We thought it quite taboo... but hilarious. That and Fawlty Towers are amoung the best of British humour. Wish we could see the play (although I'd have to translate, as usual, for my hubby who can't seem to understand a British accent) ;)

Janet said...

It's a great show...you'll love it! You do have to listen closely to catch the lyrics to some of the songs! Janet

Jill said...

Sounds great! I've heard a little of the music & it was funny!