It's the end of the holiday season, and I've collected a few new random musings (which may or may not be seasonal in nature) for our collective perusal and reflection. Be forewarned (Spouse, I'm talking to you) that this is yet another blog post without a point. Readers are encouraged to make their own points.
* Watch HGTV these days and you're bound to learn about Mighty Putty. You slice off this stuff like you'd cut through a hot dog, warm it up in your hand, then stick it to whatever needs stuck. Mighty Putty sticks handles to cups, repairs aquariums, and even sticks shelves to walls. Mr. Mighty Putty Guy says it will hold up to 350 pounds. Watch the entire commercial and you'll even see Mighty Putty pulling a big rig truck. Seriously.
* After learning about Mighty Putty, you may notice that many rooms on HGTV decorating shows are being painted olive green or gold. I've even heard them use the word "Tuscan". I have not, however, heard anyone say they were trying for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" look, which we recently achieved in our bathroom. But hey - I'm happy that our colors are in style, at least for a few months.
* I would really like to see a moose in the wild. The only moose I have seen in real life was at the Minneapolis zoo. It was so hot on that particular day that the moose was standing in a pond with only the tips of his antlers visible. I should very much like to see the entire moose, please.
* Cinnamon rolls bake much faster if you actually turn on the oven.
* Last year, my word of the year was "ORDER". I didn't do so well with my word of the year. In fact, I've created chaos in some areas. So this year, I'm having a do-over. My word of the year will again be ORDER. In fact, until further notice (or until ORDER is achieved, whichever comes first), my word will be ORDER.
In retrospect, maybe last year I wasn't as committed as I needed to be to the word ORDER. I do recall being concerned with using certain red chipboard letters on the front of my chipboard album and only having so much room for the title. I believe I was missing a few key letters, too, which complicated the operation. Yep, ORDER was about the only word I could spell that would fit. Fine way to determine a life goal, huh?
* Lily loves grapefruit. I've never known a cat to eat grapefruit. But it's slimming, and she could use a little of that, coming off the holiday season.
* I love the word extruded (it's a fancy word for squirted -- well, it's more complicated than that, but you get the idea). Did you know that Cheetos are considered an extruded snack? We saw a History Channel program yesterday about snack foods and they showed Cheetos being extruded. Seriously, the extruded Cheetos (before cutting) were four or five feet long! I am not lying! Get this: The guy who fixed the small holes in our countertop told me that solid surface countertops are extruded, too. That's what causes the occasional air bubble which results in tiny holes. If Cheetos and countertops are extruded, it makes a person wonder what else might be, too. Don't you wonder about that? I certainly do.
* White acrylic paint by Making Memories can substitute for White Out, should you make a mistake when writing something. Came up with this all by myself. So there!
* And finally, in a recent discovery, if you drop your crock pot (containing food) and it shatters, you can pretty much bet that tiny pieces will fly everywhere, and some will stay inside the crock pot. In general, it's not a good idea to serve a dinner containing shards of pottery.
In fact, that last point would make a very good, hopefully achievable, New Year's resolution: No dinners containing shards of pottery in 2008, as much as I love the word "shards".
How about it?