01 October 2015

Bathroom Remodel: Floor Tile!

The bathroom remodeling project is coming along well! I am pleased with the progress so far and am anxious to see how the whole space comes together. I'm just hoping we (I) don't make any design mistakes along the way! 

The hexagon floor tile is completely installed (other than grout) and the next step will be to tile the shower. Here's how that process unfolded over the past few days.

 The old yucky shower was removed and the space was expanded by about one foot. That doesn't sound like a lot but I think it will make a big difference in how the shower looks, feels, and functions! Although I don't have a photo of it, the floor of the shower has been covered with the hexagon tiles, like the rest of the bathroom floor. 

I've made many design mistakes in my lifetime but as soon as I saw this floor going in, I knew it was right. I know it's not for everyone -- and some of you are probably wondering what we were thinking when we chose this tile -- but I love it and I think it's going to be perfect in the new space. Trust me! :)

The floor has not been grouted but we will chose a darker grout similar to the cement color, so the finished floor will look very much like this (I hope).

And you can feel confident about the quality of the work being done because at the end of each day, everything is thoroughly inspected by our four-legged quality assurance technicians. :)

One of the most amazing things I've witnessed is how the guys managed to fit an entire table saw, garbage can, and miscellaneous other paraphernalia inside the tiny toilet room.

 That in itself was an engineering feat!

You can see here how small that space is!
 

Try to ignore the green wallpaper, as I know it is a bit of a distraction! Picture it covered with creamy wood wainscoting.

 Here's a photo of the tile floor completely installed, although much of it is covered by plywood. I know it will look even better once the grout is in place, but I already love it!
jp



1 comment:

Sravya said...

Thanks for the blog....
very grateful information regardingfloor tilesASC is hygienic, antibacterial with elegant design and stupendous strength.