04 October 2015

Bathroom Re-Model: Early Mornings


I'm not a morning person -- not in the least. When I worked in the corporate world, I forced myself to arrive at the office sometimes as early as 6:30 in the morning, but now that I do most of my work from home, I'm never presentable at that hour of the day!

But having workers in our house starting very early each day has caused me to change my morning routine. The early mornings have forced me to go to bed at a decent hour (much earlier than my usual midnight or 1am). That in itself is a good thing. My sleep habits are generally very poor and I almost never wake up feeling rested, so I'm thinking that this change is probably a good one.

Another observation: I probably waste a lot of time in the evenings when I actually could be working, so now that my daylight productive time is longer, I seem to be getting more done.

I'll never be a morning person but for the time being, I'm pretending to be one. We'll see if this new routine sticks after the bathroom remodel is done!

No comments: