18 June 2009

She's hired!

My daughter has been expressing some alarm lately about the mountain of scrapbooking I need to do before her graduation next May. Her concern reached a high enough level this week that she resorted to desperate measures: She offered to help!

She's always had a knack for design, but she's never had the time or interest to do much scrapbooking until now. Of course, I was delighted at the offer! I always prefer to include her journaling on pages about her activities, but this time she jumped in and made a few complete pages of her own, like this one below:

I love how she formatted her journaling and tailored her design to reflect the contemporary dance theme. And bless her heart...she cuts her photos to the same dimensions and lines things up completely on her own, without any prompting from me! And like her mother, she is genetically unable to tilt! :-)

She keeps me moving me along, telling me to quit over-analzying my designs (lol). She formats and types journaling, and edits and and uploads photos. Now she's working on the portrait album I started awhile back. In short, she's quite handy to have around.

What a treat this has been! Things are looking up! :-)

7 comments:

Judy said...

What a fun project for the two of you to work on together. The final result will have just that much more meaning. Enjoy!

Heather said...

She did great! Maybe she'll get pulled into the obsession that is scrapbooking and you will have a partner from now on! :)

Jill said...

Nice job! I keep thinking my daughter is old enough to do quite a lot but I can't even get MYSELF motivated, much less her. *sigh*

Fonda said...

Very cool! She's a natural!

Kristina said...

Go YOU for getting her help! Her page is great. TFS

Debbie said...

Great page, with two of you working on the photos you will surely get done

JulieB said...

Great page but what I like about it is that you are doing it together...precious times!!! Enjoy those as well as getting the albums completed!!! And she did great!