This post, like many of my stories, has no real point. Readers are encouraged to draw their own conclusions.
* Morel mushrooms are a delicacy to be savored. As a kid, I hunted for mushrooms every spring. Nowadays, I am occasionally lucky enough to get a bag from someone who hunts them. This year, for the first time, I actually purchased some at the grocery store. They are ridiculously expensive to buy but worth every penny.
* Lily should not be taken loose in the car unless she has just used her litter box. Have you seen the commercials about female incontinence? Let's just say that a certain four-legged female experienced incontinence on my shorts while driving in my vehicle.
* I have one piece of fruitcake left. This must last me until next Christmas season.
* I found a Starbucks card in a stash of stuff tonight. There was enough left on it to purchase one grande caramel latte with whip and drizzle, with 28 cents to spare.
* The above-mentioned beverage is helping me get through this, my second consecutive day without Diet Coke.
* I'm finally coming out of the fog I've been in for the past couple of weeks.
* This American Life is quite possibly my favorite program on NPR right now.
* It feels good to walk really long distances.
* I'm stronger than I thought I was.
* It takes just a few nights locked in the basement for Lily to dig a hole in the drywall.
* I have recently learned how to spackle holes in drywall.
* One day soon, I'm actually going to do some scrapbooking.