16 May 2007

Garden in Early Spring

Over the weekend, I snapped a few photos around the yard as documentation that I have actually been out working in the beds and pots this spring. I plant mainly perennials (many of them purple in color), so not many are in bloom yet, but it's good to see that most everything made it through the winter and survived the brutal spring weather we've experienced this year. I'm not trained in gardening, but I have read a lot about plants and know what I like. I enjoy planning beds and seeing what happens. In the process, I make lots of mistakes but do occasionally have successes. And those successes make me happy.

So as we move into summer and flowers begin to bloom, I'll take more photos to show how things are shaping up this year. As always, my gardens will be a work in progress.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Great pics! Looks like that layout is halfway there!! ;0)

Yellow Fence said...

Beautiful pictures. I just love spring!

Shannon

toners said...

What pretty photos :) We can't grow too many colorful spring flowers up here in the mountains (supposedly it's like handing out candy for the deer and elk, LOL) so I am enjoying looking at everyone else's gardens...

Jill said...

Oh! I wish I liked gardening - I'd love to have a pretty garden, but lack the...everything necessary to have one. I'm just glad my bougainvillea didn't die this winter. Yours is so pretty though!