10 June 2014

Old Project Made New

As I was sorting through stuff in our house recently (seems like that's all I've been doing lately!), I ran across this piece of embroidery made by Bailey many years ago. It was folded and quite wrinkled after many years.

Apparently she didn't quite finish whatever she intended to do with it at the time. But it looked finished enough to me, and I thought it might be fun to frame it to hang in her future apartment. 

Bailey had an even better, simpler idea: Put it back into an embroidery hoop and hang it. So that's what we did! We positioned it in an old plastic hoop which belonged to my grandma. She cut around it with pinking sheers, then we strung a ribbon for hanging through the top.
She took this little piece to camp to hang in her cabin this summer. This was a new good use for an old project. You just never know what you'll find when you're cleaning out closets!
jp

No comments: