29 May 2010

A few more layouts

Our show choir took a trip to Nashville in late March to compete at Show Choir Nationals at the Grand Ole Opry. It was a great time for the kids and parents alike.

I recently finished several pages to document the trip, six of which are shown here:


The long bus ride, followed by a few hours at the mall...

Sightseeing around Nashville...

and performing on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry.

As you can see, I used a few Picasa collages so that I could include lots of photos. My daughter did most of the journaling, some of which is on the back side of the layouts. Most of the pictures on the layout shown above are professional candid shots. Although somewhat pricey, I was very glad to have the option to buy some very nice performance photos.

Y'all know that my layouts are not elaborate, but they do take a bit more time because my daughter and I write a lot of journaling. It's worth the extra time because I believe the stories are every bit as important as the pictures.


6 comments:

Jill said...

Very nice! I agree about the journaling. Except, it's so important that I haven't done it in years. Oh well. Yours is nice though. Maybe my gal could just borrow your gal's childhood...

KIDDING! It is going to be so nice for your daughter to have that! I wonder what it would be like if I could actually remember high school. :-) :-) :-)

Kristina said...

Love the purple that you used for these pages!

Connie said...

The kids at that competition were so fortunate to perform on the Opry stage before the recent flood damaged it. They are in the process of renovating now and the Opry performances are being held at different venues around Nashville. So glad I got to see Bailey and her group perform while they were here!

Stacy said...

This is great! They almost look like they could be magazine spreads - so fun!!

Lola said...

Love your layouts of Nashville & the Opry. I dito what Connie said about being able to preform here before the flood.

I am no longer at Scrappuccino. Kathy and I are no longer partners and she kept the store. this only happened last Wednesday. I'm trying very hard to get my act together. I'm missing everyone like crazy.

Janet said...

Thanks, everyone! Connie, it breaks my heart to read about the flooding at the Opry, not to mention in the rest of Nashville. We feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to perform there. :-(

Lola, I just heard the news from Connie and hadn't had a chance to send you a note. I'm so sorry. :-( I hope you're doing OK. Change is never easy. {hugs!}