15 December 2007

A favorite layout


I made this layout last Christmas season to feature one of my favorite photos. It was taken a few years ago at our annual Christmas gathering with my extended family, an event which has taken place for over 50 years. This particular year, someone had brought along a Santa hat and DD took a turn sporting it. She happened to receive a sequined purse as a gift, which I thought made for an interesting combination with the hat.

Although it's not her favorite, I really like how this photo captures the joy of the season. The quote seems to sum it up perfectly for me. (The journaling is included on the other Christmas pages from that year.) I chose the paper because the prints remind me of the tablecloths in my grandparents' basement, where (until they moved) we used to have our potluck dinner on Christmas Eve.

For a variety of reasons, I'm not a huge fan of scrapbooking Christmas photos, but I definitely wanted to use this one. For me, it's one of those "moments to remember".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful LO and a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing this one. Bring it to BC.

Maureen said...

Love the layout and the photo!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful photo and layout! I like that mix of PPs. Perfect quote. :)

toners said...

Love it! Very bright and cheery :) The photo is great!

Janet said...

Thanks so much! Sharon, I will try to remember to bring this to book club next month. I appreciate everyone's nice comments! I'm sure DD will NOT appreciate seeing this on my blog! he he :-) Have a great day! Janet