29 December 2006

Feline Friday: Portion Control

Ahhhh...there is nothing like the sweet harmony of two tabby cats at their feeding stations, striped tails crossed. This photo was taken a few days ago, when Portion Control was still in effect.

Portion Control flew out the window this morning. As usual, Lily woke me up at 3:30 a.m. and demanded food. I gave her a few tiny morsels and, in a stupor, left her kitten food bag out on the table (Mistake #1). Before stumbling back to bed, I shut Lily in the bathroom with her litter box, water, and comfy rug, thinking all would be well until I got up (Mistake #2). Well, I momentarily forgot that Lily has learned how to open the pocket door of the bathroom. After I left the kitchen, she quietly let herself out, then evidently went to work chewing a large hole in the side of her food bag (it appears that she also ate the plastic bag). When DD came downstairs this morning, food was freely flowing from the bag and scattered all around. Lily had eaten so much that she "lost her cookies", so to speak. (If you're asking where the photos are, let me assure you that the scene was far too ugly to photograph.)

So now, I'm all about Portion Control. Steps will be taken to be sure this episode never happens again. The food bag has been repaired with packing tape. Lily has been on a "water only" regime most of the day.

If only she could could reach the pedals on the exercise bike.

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

ROFL!! Having seven cats myself and knowing how funny they can be I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Lily making mischief!! Cats make for great entertaining stories don't they?!?

Noelia said...

I love that picture of your cat's tails. It looks as if they're holding "hands" too cute!