08 December 2006

Feline Friday: Cats in Sinks

At the risk of this blog becoming a "cat blog", I'm bolding moving ahead with today's post. Since it's Feline Friday here, I cannot deviate and post about cardstock today. (Truthfully, this is also due to the fact that I have nothing made from cardstock to show for myself. Perhaps that will change as we move through the day.)

Yesterday I blogged about the stuff people put on their cats. Today, I'm all about cats who hang out in sinks.

What's the deal with that?

I've had several cats over the years who have enjoyed relaxing in sinks. Like "Stuff on My Cat" this, too, seems to be a worldwide phenomenon. If you don't believe me, check out "Cats in Sinks" (http://www.catsinsinks.com). You will see cats from presumably all over the world just hanging out in sinks. I find it kind of curious that cats everywhere, independent from one another, locate the sink in their house and curl up in it. I can certainly think of much softer, dryer places to rest than a sink. Why the sink?

After spending way too much time on this website, I also observed that interestingly, the cats actually appear to be good matches for the sinks in which they are pictured. You know how some dogs and owners actually begin to look alike? Well, it's sort of the same thing here: the cats look like they BELONG in those particular sinks. The fancy-looking cats tend to be pictured in fancy-looking sinks; the more casual-looking cats are shown in more casual-looking sinks. Why do you suppose that is? Does taste in home decor reflect one's preference in cat breeds?

Indeed, these are additional deep questions to ponder for today.

No comments: