06 January 2011

Simple Cards from Scraps

This year, I made a few Christmas cards from leftover bits of this and that. I've done this a few times over the years (see previous posts here and here). The funny thing is that even though I don't like scrapbooking Christmas photos, it seems that I have accumulated several Christmas product lines -- because they are so beautiful! In fact, I have enough Christmas stuff in my stash that I could probably make all of my cards for the next few years.

This year, I ended up making 25 cards. (If I had started earlier, I would have made cards for everyone but that didn't seem to happen!) I used a couple of very simple designs and tried to repeat them using different doo-dads.

If you're a crafter, you may recognize some of the product on these cards as current -- and some from many moons ago! It doesn't matter to me how old it is. If I like it and it works on the card, I'll use it.

Making cards from scraps satisfies my need to make each one a little bit different. (I could never make 25 of the same card!) I also really like putting my hoarded stash to good use.

So here's to continuing to use up those scraps in the New Year!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very pretty! And 25 is a really impressive number! No problem with the scraps here - I'm still using scraps from when my 13 year old was a baby!