21 January 2011

A Trip to the Vet

Earlier this week, it was Tinsel's day to go to the vet for her check-up. I dusted off the cat carrier and went to fetch her. (Of course, she was suddenly nowhere to be found.)

Sure enough, when I finally returned to the carrier with Tinsel in tow, there was Lily -- all ready to go somewhere fun and exciting!


"I iz reddy, Mama! Letts go!" she said.

Unfortunately (or actually FORTUNATELY for the vet) it was not Lily's appointment day. (Some of you may recall that Lily has an Extreme Aversion to Cat Show Judges and Veterinarians. Her chart at the vet's office is even marked "FEISTY".) At any rate, it wasn't at all easy to fish Lily out of the carrier and poke Tinsel in tail first (while she clung frantically to my neck), but I managed to get the job done without injury to any of us.

Tinsel serenaded me non-stop with her special "I sure hope I'm not going to the vet" RAAAAAAOOOOWWWW for the duration of the 25-minute trip. As soon as we turned into the vet's driveway, she stepped it up even further, just for dramatic effect.


As I parked the SUV and got ready to take her inside, Tinsel caught a glimpse of the vet's office and immediately realized where she was.

The look on her face says it all. OH, CRAP.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Ah, look at those big eyes! Vets are very skerry.

Linda said...

Tiger sings the same song to me on the way to the vet. I hope Tinsel had a good checkup.

Judy said...

Once I get Felix gathered up in my arms he is fine. He rides on my lap the whole way and does very well. I am a bad mommy and have not taken Grayson yet. He is way overdue..but need to get a different cat carrier. I know trying to get him rounded up to go will be a big challenge. I'm sure his file will be tagged FEISTY as well. Those eye on Tinsel say it all! Again, thanks for sharing.

Fonda said...

Poor Tinsel. I bet she would have gladly sent Lily in her place!

Kristina said...

LOL!

Heather said...

Aww, poor Tinsel!!

Cheri said...

OMG!!! That last photo is priceless, as is your line...OH CRAP!

I hope her checkup went fine (for all of you;)