03 February 2009

White Chip Chocolate Cookies

Looking in the cupboard the other day, I realized that we have accumulated a PLETHORA of white baking chips. So I decided to make a batch of cookies to use some of them up. Luckily, there was a recipe on the back of the package, and (amazingly) I actually had all the ingredients. If you like the combination of chocolate and white chips, then this recipe is for you! The cookies were quite tasty. For quality assurance purposes, I tested several. :-)

White Chip Chocolate Cookies

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 10 min | Cooking - 9 min | Cooling Time - 15 min cooling | Yields - 60 cookies (5 dozen)

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. (Note: The dough is very stiff!)

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. (Note: I baked the cookies for 12-13 minutes.)

5 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Those look delicious, Janet! :)

Judy said...

These look yummy and I'm glad that you taste tested just to be sure that it was an OK recipe to pass on to the rest of us.

Lida said...

Those look great, I´m willing to try them even though I´m not a fan of white chocolate. I trust you!

Janet said...

Thanks, guys! They are yummy! I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate (now dark chocolate...that's another story!! Love it!), but the Nestles White Morsels don't have much of a white chocolate taste to me. So Lida, I think you'll be ok!! LMK if you try them!

Anonymous said...

so yummy! I'm on a diet, so I just have to look at food on blogs to get my fix.