19 February 2009

Quick & Easy Travel Mini-Album

In the spring, the store where I teach will celebrate National Scrapbooking Day with a series of short classes. I'll be doing a one-hour travel mini-album class. I was inspired by this sheet of Around the Block travel quotes and journaling blocks to put together this little project.

In addition to the quotes and journaling blocks, I used a combination of cardstock "pages" and die-cut shapes to create surface area for photos. This little album will hold as many photos as you'd like. I used lots of 4x6 and wallet-sized pictures from our trip to Seattle and Vancouver a few years ago to complete my sample.

This promises to be a fun and lively class!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool...i am going to teach a class, too and am struggling on what to make. I think I am going to use the new cosmo cricket line and make a "summer fun" book using the coasters. Then I see the new fancy pants (on-line) and think that would be fun summer paper, too...will you just do it for me? :)
katie

toners said...

What a fun paper set you chose for this project - fabulous choice!

Janet said...

Katie -- Thank you! You will be fabulous! I think a little coaster book would be perfect. There are so many choices...don't over-analyze it, my dear! Use something we have on hand so you don't have to order much. That's my 2 cents! :-)

Toni -- Thanks much! Loved the colors of this line!

Jill said...

Looks like fun!

I probably shouldn't feel compelled to run over here and tell you every time I post a picture of my cat, but I can't help myself: I posted a picture of Sugar playing guitar with his teeth!

It's a lousy cell phone picture because he almost always chooses to play when I've incapacitated my camera in some way or there's no one around to help me snap the picture (he only does it if I'm holding the guitar). But still... :-)

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the class, Janet. I love it and could use it for Kevin and Cathy. Now to remind them to take lots of pics.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cute idea and great color combo.

Darcey said...

Cute vacation book! Good Luck!

Maureen said...

Oh, how I wished I lived near you. I need some scrapping inspiration. I just set up my new scrapbook room (daughter moved to the basement) and I can't wait to use it!

Linda said...

This looks like a another fun class. You are very creative Janet!