09 February 2009

Armed, but not dangerous!


One day last week when I was at Memory Bound working on class projects, the store received a shipment of the new Glue Glider Pro adhesives. Our store owners had recently returned from CHA where they had been introduced to this line of adhesive, and one told me it was the best adhesive she had ever tried. I've been in the market for a new adhesive, so I decided to give this one a go.

While the size of the tool may make it look intimidating (it measures 7" top to bottom and 5" side to side), let me assure you that it is VERY lightweight and easy to grip. It comes loaded with 40 feet of tape adhesive, and other types of adhesive are available in even larger refill cartridges. I understand that the cartridges are easy to pop in and out, making it easy to change adhesives for different kinds of projects.

In using the Glue Glider Pro on several projects over the weekend, I found that the adhesive dispensed cleanly and held well. The roller moves smoothly and handles easily. My only complaint (and it's a minor one) is that the tape isn't completely centered on the dispenser's roller. Normally that isn't a problem at all, but when applying adhesive to a narrow strip of paper, I had to watch carefully to be sure the adhesive was centered on the strip and not extending off the side. This problem is easily remedied by simply re-centering the tape if needed.

I'm giving the Glue Glider Pro a big thumbs up! I believe I've found my new adhesive! :-)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the review! I'll have to keep an eye out for these.

Anonymous said...

Janet, my friend Sabrina loves this adhesive!

Fonda said...

Whoo Hoo! I've switched to this too and love it dearly.

Linda said...

Good adhesive is important. I switch to the ATG a couple months ago and I love it. This gun reminds me of that too.

Darcey said...

I have the ATG 747, basically just a different brand of the same thing, and I love it.

toners said...

How does it compare to the ATG? Have you come across anyone who has tried both? I loooove my ATG :)