28 February 2009

The Start of a Portrait Album

A couple of weeks ago, I started putting together an album of our daughter's 8x10 portraits. I thought about including them in my regular family albums, but there are so many (when you consider school portraits -- sometimes two per year -- dance, show choir, and professional sittings) that they seemed to warrant an album of their own. I thought long and hard and came up with a VERY simple format that can be repeated (with a kraft cardstock base and different accent colors) on each page.

I've put together several pages so far, with many more to go. It will be nice to have all of these portraits in one place. And it's fun to look through them and see how she's grown over the years. :-)

14 comments:

toners said...

What a great idea, and especially to have them all together to watch the changes through the years :)

Unknown said...

What a nice way to archive your daughter's school pictures. I will post my first two years on my blog this afternoon.

Debbie said...

I was overwhelmed with the amount of photos to scrap for my kids, so I made portrait albums for both of them. Then I put away all their other photos and starting scrapping whatever I wanted. I figure at least they both have one album! I like you format, it should make the album go together fast.

Maureen said...

What a great idea for those large photos! I did a double-page spread of the small ones from every year up to a few years ago... but now that she is in Grade 12, I guess I'll have to update it!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!! I'll put it on my "to do" list!!! Enjoy your blog....and your cat!!!

Staci said...

Great idea! TFS!

Sandra Collins said...

awesome idea

Linda said...

I like this idea! I am tempted to pull out my kids' portraits from the regular albums and do this.

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful album idea! That is such a sweet photo. :)

Cheri said...

Wonderful idea! Rhonda Little did this a number of years ago for her oldest boy and it turned out fabulous...you are well on your way to fabulous-ness too:) I love the simplicity to show off the large photo!

peata said...

great idea.
i need one.
i saw the movie 'taken' the other day and liked the album liam neeson made of his dd.

Janet said...

Thank you, guys! I was worried this design would be too simple, but now that I've made a few pages, I think it's going to work well. Thank you so much for the encouragement! If you make a portrait album, be sure to share! I would love to see it!

Darcey said...

Great layout to use for the big photos.

Kristina said...

What a sweet face and page!