If you're a psychologist, perhaps you can shed some light on this situation. You see, I seem to have a somewhat intense fascination with the 70's these days. I grew up in the 60's and 70's, and now that 70's stuff is back in style, I'm really feeling the love. Stuff from that era just feels comfortable to me. That is not the case with everyone of the same generation, though. Many people who experienced the 70's IRL do NOT want to revisit it.
Just look what has happened lately due to my obsession:
* The kitchen has been painted Tate Olive green.
* The laundry room and half-bath have been painted Sweet Maple gold.
* I found my original Spirograph and Super-Spirograph and now have them here at the house with me.
* I've been combing flea markets for the perfect owl for my kitchen.
* In my vast stash of old stuff around here, I found some authentic 70's gold and green kitchen towels with happy little mushrooms. There is a reason why I kept them all these years.
* I am completely obsessed with all things felt.
* I purchased the Sassafras Lass owl stamps and have used them with alarming frequency.
* I may take up macrame again and get it right this time.
* I created this little album for no particular reason except to use the Basic Grey Mellow line, which appears to have been made for me. I initially planned to frame the paper and hang it in the kitchen, but Spouse put his foot down (he doesn't feel the love). Now I've confined my Mellow stash to this mini-book. I've rounded up a few photos of me with my French class friends from the 70's to put in it.
So tell me, what's behind this obsession? Am I trying relive the past? Recapture my youth? Look hip? Whatever it is, I hope someone stops me before I resurrect my old crocheted vests.