06 September 2012

September Update

 It's hard to believe that it's September already. I've had a very busy few weeks with class preparation, so time just seems to fly. 

I've also been working on a few other projects, 
notably the newsletter for the store where I teach. This next full-color issue is at the printer now. I'm always excited to see how the final product looks!
 I've also been trying to finish up some odds and ends in the craft room/office space. I ordered a vintage ad poster (reproduction, of course!) and was very excited for it to arrive. Unfortunately, the post office person STUFFED it into our mailbox and strapped a rubber band across the end of the box, crunching the packaging and damaging the poster.

As you might imagine, I was NOT a happy camper. A replacement poster is being shipped. I asked for it to be sent by UPS or Fed Ex so this won't happen again.

Over the long weekend I finally took time to do some scrapbooking. While I'm constantly working on paper crafting projects, I don't often take time to work on my own stuff. I've never done a very good job of balancing my work-related projects with personal projects -- I tend to be all work and no play! I know that I've got to do a much better job with this. Here's one of the pages I made, this one of Bailey's first day of class this year:

 I also made some cards to sell at Memory Bound, a few of which are shown below. These cards are for our Staff Studio, an area of the store featuring cards made by our staff. I enjoyed making these cards and hope to make a lot more in the weeks to come!


Here's to a more BALANCED fall!
 jp

No comments: