24 July 2012

Craft Room/Office Update: Re-purposing

 I hope you haven't given up on me! I'm still working on the closet of my craft room/office. I had to take a couple of weeks off and tend to "real life". But I'm back at it and am making some real progress now!

 I love re-purposing things that were destined for the landfill. This rolling computer cart was going be trashed so I snagged it and brought it home several months ago, thinking it MIGHT work in my new organization plan. Even better, it was already the right color and in decent condition, with just a little wear around the edges. A good cleaning was all it needed.
Turns out that the cart fits perfectly into the small "alcove" at the side of the walk-in closet. The space is 26" wide -- and the cart is exactly 26" wide, so you know it was meant to be!

Once I determined where the cart would go, I knew that it would be perfect for my larger tools. The shelves pull out and the wheels allow it to be easily rolled out into the room (although I don't anticipate needing to do that). Having the tools in the closet means less clutter out in the room!

I seriously wish manufacturers would produce tools in neutral colors. Not all of us like pink, and it certainly doesn't work with all color schemes!

Stay tuned for more updates on my craft room/office project. Don't give up on me! I will have it wrapped up sooner than later -- I can't live in chaos much longer!
 Janet



No comments: