02 September 2008

Class Project: Mr. Campy mini-album

I like camping, and I also like retro, kitschy style art. Put them both together, as Cosmo Cricket did with their new "Mr. Campy" line, and I'm...well, one very happy camper. With its smiling marshmallows and stylized camping motifs, this is my favorite line in a very long time!



I used Mr. Campy to create a little 6x6 mini-album for an upcoming class this fall. I incorporated Cosmo Cricket's double-sided patterned paper, 4x6 journaling blocks, and cardstock stickers into this project. The book contains pages in a variety of sizes and shapes, with plenty of room for pictures from a camping trip or cabin stay.


And, because I was totally "in the camping zone", I even snapped a couple of branches from a tree in our yard and stuck them to the front of the mini-album, just for fun. Could be interesting prepping kits for this class! :-)

8 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful album! I haven't seen that line yet, but you have me curious. Love the colors and your little sticks. tfs! :)

Heather said...

Very cute! The sticks were a great addition. :)

Benita said...

That album is adorable! I bet you'll have a lot of people attending that class!

Linda said...

That line is so cute. Love the sticks!

Noelia said...

Lovely mini! Love that line too and can't wait to get my hands on it. You used it amazingly well. The class will be a success that's for sure!

Cheri said...

Adorable!! Love the twigs on the cover and I can JUST catch a glimpse of the cute, cute smily marshmallow:) Hm, I need to fabricate a family adventure so I can use this line...

toners said...

What a great project! My favorite part is the little sticks!

Kristina said...

Cute project, but one that would havve no use in my home since I HATE camping! LOL