30 January 2016

Swiffer Love

 Every once in awhile, I crawl out from under my rock to partake of some of the modern conveniences that most people have known about for years. 
Case in point: SWIFFER.

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

HOW HAVE I NOT KNOWN ABOUT THE AMAZING INVENTION THAT IS SWIFFER?

I know what you're thinking: HOW HAS SHE BEEN CLEANING HER FLOORS ALL THESE YEARS? Yes, that is indeed a worrisome question, and I assure you that I HAVE been doing my domestic chores, but with a heavy vacuum. This new Swiffer is lightweight and works great on hard surfaces, just like they say on TV!

So what prompted the purchase of this new modern convenience? The new tile bathroom floor! During our bathroom remodeling project when we were using our guest bathroom, I wiped up the floor on my hands and knees each day with a wet cloth. But the master bathroom is a bit too big for that (plus the tile is bumpy on my knees!), so when Daughter suggested a Swiffer, I thought I'd investigate.

Sure enough, Swiffers are available sort of everywhere, and for only $11.99 you get the device plus a few wet and dry wipes! The handle itself is sort of ingenious (I have low standards!) as it snaps right together with those little rounded bumps and holes -- no instructions needed!

And look at this! See those little green Jetson-like ovals? They're designed for holding the corners of the wipe! Poke them in with your finger and off you go, Swiffering dust you didn't even know you had! (Well, dust you knew you had but were just ignoring...)

It's very clever, this modern convenience! So far, I've Swiffered all the solid surfaces in the house, with more Swiffering fun sure to happen this weekend...
...before it's time to crawl back under my rock!

1 comment:

Kimberly Marie said...

Love mine! So glad you found this handy gadget for your new cleaning needs. I just wish the pads were washable!