04 November 2015

Bathroom Remodel: Shower Doors

We are still on break with the bathroom remodeling project. Hopefully we'll be back in business soon. But in the meantime...the glass guys came over and installed the new shower doors!
 
When we started this project, I had no idea that we'd have the glass doors custom made. I assumed we'd order them from some plumbing supply place and the contractor would install them. So I was sort of surprised when I learned that the doors would be custom cut to fit our shower dimensions!

The glass guys came out a few weeks ago to measure and talk about options. Now that they're installed, I love how the doors look, but I'll admit that I expected the door (on the right) to be a bit narrower than the left-hand panel, which does not move. Instead, the glass pieces are the same size. But in thinking that through a bit, if they had made the door any narrower, it would have been hard for someone with wider shoulders to fit through without turning sideways!

The glass doors look great, and I'm very pleased with how the shower is coming together! I do hope we can keep the doors looking this nice. It's sure easy when there's no water! :)
jp

No comments: