02 April 2015

Organization: 8x8 Paper Pads

 As I've been going through my craft space trying to clear out and re-organize a few things, I've been pondering what to do with my 8x8 paper pads. I use plastic magazine-type holders for my 12x12 and 6x6 papers, but it seems that manufacturers no longer make the holders to fit 8x8 papers. That's a real puzzle to me, given the popularity of 8x8 papers these days (and other sizes, for that matter).

So I concluded I would have to figure something out on my own. As it turns out, I already had something in my craft room that worked perfectly. This Target basket measures 8x12, and the bottom inside of the basket (between the little side ledges) is just a tiny bit wider than the 8x8 paper pads, so it keeps them from sliding side to side. Awesome!

This was a super quick and easy project, once I found the container! First, I gathered up my pads and pulled the papers apart so they'll be easier to grab when I need them. I decided to keep the papers in order by line because they are designed to coordinate with each other. 

Next, I cut 8x8.5 "dividers" from kraft cardstock and made a label for the top of each one. Because this basket will be visible in my craft space, I fancied up the front divider with some coordinating paper.

This is a little thing, but it makes me happy that I can finally find my 8x8 paper when I need it. The pads are no longer buried in piles of STUFF!
 

 Of course, I had to add a cute label to the bin. I know it wasn't necessary, but I couldn't help myself. :)

The only problem is that I don't have enough paper pads to fill the basket. So I had to prop up my papers inside the basket with a small box in the back. 

(Yes, this is a problem that could easily be remedied by a little shopping! hehehe) 
jp




No comments: