19 December 2012

Thank You Cards from Scraps

 I wasn't born anytime close to the Great Depression, but I know that my frugality sometimes makes it seem that way! I always keep leftover bits of this and that because I know that with my simple style, it doesn't take a lot of stuff to make a card or scrapbook page.

So naturally I keep a basket of leftover die cuts and punched pieces on the ready! I recently needed to make a batch of thank you cards, so I dug around in it to see what I could find. I pulled out four die cut hearts and four flowers and matched them up to four card bases I had already cut. I dug through my drawers of scraps to find a strip of patterned paper for each card which would visually tie together the colors. Then I printed and cut the text and assembled each card in no time at all!

I firmly believe that you really DON'T need to spend a lot of money to make a perfectly fine card! :) Long live SIMPLICITY!
jp


4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous Janet. You have definitely saved a few trees here.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

Heather said...

I love them! I need to sit down and use up some of my scraps to make cards.

Janet said...

Thank you, ladies! Hoping to whip up some last minute Christmas cards with more scraps!

Kristina said...

They look great! I keep scraps of stuff too.