03 March 2011

Mother's Day Album

This year, I have the privilege of teaching a Mother's Day class at Memory Bound. Although it has been a painful holiday for me since losing my mom in May, 2008, I'm happy to teach this class because I want to encourage everyone to recognize and celebrate a special mom this year -- whether it's your own mom or another significant woman in your life. I'm quite certain that, over the course of my life, no one has influenced me more than my mom, and I'm sure many of you would say the same thing about your own mothers. Such is the power of a mom.

Experiencing the sudden loss of my mom taught me the painful truth that life really can change in an instant, so don't let another day go by without celebrating that very special (and sometimes complicated!) mother/daughter relationship!

We'll be making a simple album bound with ribbon using Kaiser Craft's gorgeous new Chanteuse line. The pages are "graduated", meaning each one is a little bit shorter than the next. This is a fun technique to use if you're working with a coordinated set of papers.

But don't let the simplicity of the album itself fool you. We'll be having quite a bit of fun with the cover! As you can see, we'll be using beautiful Kaiser Craft flowers and a wooden chandelier which -- hold onto your Crop-a-Dile! -- we will be misting pink! Maybe we should wear our protective clothing?!

Watch for this class on the next Memory Bound calendar, due out in the next couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is a beautiful album! I like the flowers and the chandelier.

Janet said...

Thank you, Linda! This KC stuff is beautiful!

Jill said...

So pretty!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry about Mother's Day being difficult though.