13 March 2011

Core-dinations Class

Gentle Readers: Do not be alarmed by my new blog template. Daughter is home on spring break and I asked her to select a new template for me. Of course, she chose one that makes me think of Inception. I'll live with it awhile and if I start having dreams within dreams, I'll switch to a nice springtime template, perhaps something with fruit or vegetables.

* * * * *

I nearly always teach classes with projects I design myself, but we recently came across a card set created by the designers at Core-dinations which looked too cute to pass up. So I checked out the instructions and put together the four cards and box for an upcoming class at Memory Bound. The class is called "Boxed with Delight" and will be held on Tuesday evening, March 29.

One of the reasons I wanted to teach this class is because it focuses on using a scoring tool (such as the Martha Stewart scoring board) in both functional and decorative ways. We'll be using it to fold the cards and the box as well as create decorative score lines.

In addition, we'll also be using the Big Shot to create several embossed -- and de-bossed! -- designs. Two folders, including a set of border strips, are even included in the price of the class.

If all of that isn't enough, we'll also be doing a bit of stamping and -- hold onto your Crop-A-Diles -- TEARING! And we're not just talking about straight-line tearing, people. NO WAY! We will be tearing SHAPES! Those of you who know me understand that it takes a LOT to get me to tear, so you know the cards must be cute! :)

If you're in the area, I hope you'll join me. It is sure to be a great time!

No comments: