31 May 2009

Sunday Moring Praise Team

Now that we're approaching the end of our daughter's junior year, I'm mindful that her high school days will soon end. I want to be sure that I've documented the important facets of her life. While I've done a good job capturing photos of her music activities, academic competitions, and friends, I haven't done as well documenting her activities at church, especially her work with the praise team, because I'm hesitant to take the camera along.

This is such an important activity for her that I decided there had to be a way to discreetly snap a few pictures. So we took the camera with us this morning and grabbed some pictures from the balcony.

I'm glad we took the opportunity to capture her work with the praise team. For the scrapbook page, I'll have her write about how she came to volunteer for this activity and what it means to her.

If you're reading this post today, my challenge to you is this: Are there important aspects of your life that you haven't captured in photos or documented in some way? This is your story. Find a way to write every single chapter.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Ah, good reminder. I sometimes wish others would take more pictures of My important days; I am the photog, but on days like Mother' Day, not a photo in sight ...

Debbie said...

You will be so glad you took the time to photograph these memories, so will your daughter. Great photos

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful job capturing that special part of her life! Isn't it funny how snap happy we are at times and other times we feel awkward about pulling out our cameras?