01 June 2008

Prairie in early June

Last summer, I started taking camera walks through the prairie which runs through our neighborhood. Over the course of three or four months, I watched the prairie change from brown to a sea of green, then to an amazing floral carpet.

As I've been trying to re-focus over the past couple of weeks, I've found that being in nature has helped me tremendously. This evening, I took a walk through the prairie to see what I could find.

Just a couple of months ago, the prairie was dry, brown, and seemingly lifeless. Now it has been completely transformed and is
buzzing with new life: newly hatched birds, rabbits, crickets, toads, and more.

It's a little thing, but this transformation reminds me of the unending, blessedly predictable, circle of life.

And as hard as it is right now, it reminds me that I'm in really good hands.
Mom is OK, and I will be, too.

7 comments:

mborrero said...

Wow I love it there. Thank you for sharing!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful photos! And, you are right - both you & your mom are in wonderful hands. ((HUGS))

Canadian flake said...

The pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing them. Hope today is a good day for you.

Lynn said...

The prairie looks so wonderfully lush right now. Great photos!

Like Sarah said... You and your mom are in very good hands.

Maureen said...

Good for you. Great photos, Janet.

And yes, you are doing well.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

those pics are just beautiful! What a great way to reflect on life!

toners said...

Fabulous post :) ((((hugs)))) to you!