17 June 2008

Honest, Dad...I wasn't trying to kill you!


Now that my dad is on his own, I've been trying to be a good daughter and take food to him from time to time. Little did he know what a risk he is taking by accepting my creations. Case in point is this batch of baked beans, with lid included. Quite tasty, I might add, until Daughter and Spouse discovered it.


Some dads might be alarmed by this, but not my dad. "Hey, no harm done," he chuckled. "There's no way I could have swallowed that lid."


I have a feeling we'll be laughing about this one
for years
to come.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Hah! Sounds like something I would do! Ah, the things we do to entertain our families, eh? ;)

mborrero said...

oh my!

Sarah Coggins said...

LOL Is that the special seasoning? :D So sweet of you to take food to your dad. I'm sure he appreciates it and your time so much! ((HUGS))

Bonita Rose said...

LOL that sounds like something I would do too.. LOL.. I am so not a kitchen/cooking kinda gal.. lol

Cheri said...

Oh dear, lol! Hm, you better stick to scrapbooking;)

Linda said...

That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

He will be stirring his food more often so see what gift you have left for him. :) Looks yummy, minus the lid.

toners said...

He might have thought it was some giant thin crouton :) How sweet of you to be keeping an eye on your dad :)

The Mom said...

Too funny!! Sounds like something that would come from my kitchen!!!