28 October 2007

WHO loves owls?

I do!

I, for one, think it's high time that owls are enjoying a resurgence in popularity, following the current "back to the 1970's" trend. Owls remind me of my growing up years, back when lots of people collected owl figurines. There were owls on shirts and dish towels, and even a wise old owl in my Brownie Girl Scout handbook. I love owls so much that I've recently been on the lookout at flea markets for a certain kind of ceramic owl to put in my green and gold ("That '70's Show" colored) kitchen.

As I've talked with my friends about owls, however, I've discovered a curious thing: People either love 'em or hate 'em. There is just no middle ground where owls are concerned. And those who hate owls seem on the verge of some kind of anti-owl (or even anti-bird) revolt. Seriously.

But being an owl fan, of course, I could not resist the "Oliver and Friends"
Sassafras Lass stamp set when I found it online a couple of months ago. I decided to try it out on an anniversary card for my parents. The card reads:

WHO...wishes you a happy anniversary? We do! That's WHO!

Let's just hope my parents still like owls. Otherwise, I may be grounded.

6 comments:

toners said...

Great card! There has definitely been a reappearance of owls this year :)

EquineSpirit said...

That is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

When you say "anti-bird" movement, you wouldn't be referring to me, would you?

I think your card is cute, though!

Linda said...

This is so cute. I like the glitter detail around the clouds.

Lynn said...

Very cute card! I for one love owls! We have one that seems to have nested in our backyard and we hear him at night.
Love those stamps!

Jill said...

You're card is REALLY CUTE!!!!!!! Love the little stripes on the side & the clouds & all of it, especially the colors!

But, I really am a middle ground-er when it comes to owls. I did do a blog post on some cute little ground owls we saw in Florida though...but those were real owls, not collectible.