You've been tagged!
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog -- we all want to know them).
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK, I don’t do random very well (not a surprise for those of you who know me IRL!) so maybe I’ll try for weird facts that you probably don’t know instead:
1) Back when I was in college, I was driving home from dinner one evening and was hit by a drunk driver. I’ll spare you the ugly details but suffice it to say I was incredibly lucky to walk away from that accident with only a broken jaw and a few other injuries. My big eighties hair actually saved me from cuts when my head went through the windshield.
2) I am not a morning person. I prefer to stay up very late (1 or ) and sleep late in the morning. At this stage in my life, though, I’m staying up late but not sleeping late in the morning, so I’m usually sleep deprived.3) I guess you could say I’m a true introvert. I crave time alone. I really hate big parties and large crowds. Strangely, though, I'm completely comfortable teaching or speaking in front of groups. Go figure.
4) Once in high school when I was driving to Star Wars with my mom, we stopped at a stop light and the guy in the car ahead of us leaned out of his window, pointed a gun, and shot at us. The windows in our car were open and we could actually smell the shot but never found a bullet. Instead of going to Star Wars, we spent the afternoon at the police station trying to pick the guy out of a book of felons. (Oh, we never ID'd the guy but we did eventually make it to Star Wars.)
5) I have absolutely no sense of direction. I used to get lost in my high school between classes. I have been hopelessly lost many times, once even ending up in the wrong country. In fact, I got lost just yesterday less than a mile from my house. To those of you reading this and worrying about me: Don’t. I’ve always been directionally challenged. I don’t even think about it anymore. It keeps things interesting.
6) I cut almost everything I eat with a knife. That would include bananas, candy bars, sandwiches, pizza...you name it. (This is probably a carryover from when my jaw was broken and I was on a liquid diet for months.) I catch a lot of grief for this from my family, as you might guess.
7) I keep my toenails polished at all times. My nails are generally a mess, but my toenails always look good.