08 October 2007

And now, a card

Here's a card I just finished up for our store's book club this evening.

The challenge for this month was to make something inspired by a layout created by our fearless leader, Darci. Her project featured photos and patterned paper cut into 12 squares, with a title in the lower left-hand corner. I was inspired by the design of her page and thought that it would work well for a card. I simply rotated the design so that the title was in the lower right-hand corner. Using the Cosmo Cricket double-sided cardstock Darci provided, I punched 12 squares and arranged them until I liked the design. I used a word cut from the paper for the greeting.

Very simple, and now I have something to show for myself this month!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the design. You know, I could never get those squares so perfectly lined up...

Very nice, indeed Janet!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card, Janet. Love that idea of just cutting out squares as the design feature.
I have to agree with Maureen, I would never be able to line them up straight. Awesome Job.

Janet said...

Hey, thanks, Maureen and Lynn! Really, it's not too hard to line them up. First, I use a square punch so that everything is straight. Then I adhere the top 2 squares on the outside so that I get those margins correct, then fill in the rest. Repositionable adhesive is the key!! LOL! Thanks for stopping by! Janet

toners said...

This is gorgeous! What a great use for patterned paper :) Beautiful work!