02 November 2018

Feline Friday: A New Friend for Halloween

I haven't seen Neighbor Kitty in a very long while.  He didn't come to visit at all over the summer, in spite of the catnip I planted just for him. I hope that he's simply being kept inside these days, but I fear something has happened to him. 😢

In his place, and apparently living at the same house, is an all-black kitty. Although I've been seeing him around, I hadn't actually met him until...fittingly...Halloween.

Any cat person knows that the absolute WORST place for a black cat is outside on Halloween. We live in a very safe neighborhood so the chances of anything dire happening are probably slim, but why take a chance??? 

While looking out the front window waiting on little goblins, I noticed that Black Kitty was following trick-or-treaters down the street. I'll admit it was pretty cute to see a black cat trailing costumed kids on Halloween, but I decided that I would try to lure him over to our house to keep him safe.

 It didn't take much luring! I just called out to him and Black Kitty trotted right over, settling down to spend a good portion of the evening with me. Turns out he is just as friendly as Neighbor Kitty and loves to be held. As trick-or-treaters came to call, they thought he was my cat!

Black Kitty would have been quite happy to come right inside with me. In a weak moment, I halfway considered it but Lily (safely sequestered in the basement) would not have been pleased!
 

Besides that, letting him inside might have been considered catnapping, which I've actually done a time or two...😉
 

  Such a sweet boy! I am glad he stayed safe on Halloween!

jp

1 comment:

Kimberly Marie said...

How ironic, indeed! It was so nice to see you and your sweet neighbor kitty. I'd have probably done the same thing, just to be on the safe side! ;)