08 January 2017

Curbside Christmas Tree


Last spring, I found this brand new pink tabletop tree on the curb during our neighborhood clean-up day. I'm not a fan of pink, so I spray painted it with cream paint.

These photos from Pinterest were my inspiration.

It was my first time spray painting "tinsel" and I must say it was slow going. Every time I thought I was done, I'd rotate the tree and see a bit more pink! 

Still, I am happy with how it turned out. After it dried, I put the tree in the basement until it was time to decorate for Christmas. I wondered how the spray paint would hold up over time, so when I got it out to use I was relieved that the tinsel was not brittle! 

Tree Painting Experiment = Success!

I really had no idea where I'd end up putting the tree but as it turned out, I had room for it in our bedroom. I set it on a stool that my dad used in his garage. This stool was YUCKY but cleaned up pretty well. I may paint it at some point but for now it is John Deere green. :)

I decorated the little tree with a few ornaments to pull out the colors in the quilt I placed at the foot of our bed.

I was surprised at how many ornaments it took to decorate this tree...and I could have added more! I picked up a package of inexpensive blue ornaments on sale at Target to help fill in the gaps.

I think this little tree turned out pretty well, considering how it started! I may try it in a different room with a different color scheme next Christmas. 


YAY for curbside treasures!


No comments: