01 August 2014

Feline Friday: JAWS!

The afternoon started innocently enough. I had decided to make an ocean-themed snack for our staff event at Memory Bound, a fun evening to kick off our Shark Week activities at the store.

A quick perusal of Pinterest revealed many cute ocean-themed snack ideas, but in the interest of time I opted for something very simple. Luckily, this idea required very minimal concentration. Little did I know what danger lurked in my own kitchen!
 

 As soon as I opened the cream cheese, I could sense trouble. Something FURRY was making figure-eights around my legs!

Ignoring the force of nature which lurked below the kitchen table, I added a few drops of blue food coloring to the cream cheese and stirred it up. Such a nice, peaceful color. 
Then...
(cue the JAWS theme song)
 
BAM! 
She struck! Reaching and stretching those sharp claws toward the cream cheese! 
CREEM CHEESES! GET IN MY MOUF!
 

It took all of my strength, but I managed to distract JAWS with a few Temptations while I spread cream cheese on the mini rice cakes. 
WHEW! That was a close call!

Next, I cut chives, red pepper, broccoli, and celery, fashioning them into undersea plants. I carefully positioned them into the cream cheese. In front of each plant I added a goldfish cracker or two. La-la-la-la...I stepped back to admire my work, and then...

BAM!
JAWS was back, going after those goldfish with a vengeance normally reserved for deli sliced turkey! It was a close call, but I swooped the snacks off the table and into the safety of the fridge just in time.
WHEW!



3 comments:

Jill said...

Too cute!!!! I love Feline Friday. :-)

Janet said...

Thank you, Jill! Love my little JAWS helper! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Kristina said...

Cute appetizers!! We can't leave grape or cherry tomatoes on the counter or Coco snags them to use as balls.