13 November 2013

YUM: Pumpkin Cookies




About this time last year, a friend from high school shared one of his mom's favorite fall cookie recipes. It was a crisp autumn day and the idea of pumpkin cookies baking just sounded SO GOOD...so I whipped up the first of what was to be many batches. 

If you like spice cookies and the flavor of pumpkin, you'll LOVE these cookies! They are also very moist (due to the pumpkin, I'm told) and they don't contain eggs. This is a very good thing if you're like me and usually don't have eggs in the refrigerator!

Tip: Add a bit more cinnamon and a touch of allspice if you'd like. I also sprinkled this batch with cinnamon sugar right out of the oven. Trust me...they are perfect with a cup of coffee on a cool fall day!
jp

Pumpkin Cookies
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin -- not the pie filling
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips -- I use raisins
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon -- add more!
1/2 cup nuts (optional) -- I add pecans!

Cream first 3 ingredients and add pumpkin. Stir in chips or raisins. Sift dry ingredients into mixture and stir well. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. These are moist cookies and they do not contain eggs.


No comments: