06 June 2012

Recipe: Frozen Lemonade Squares

 I remember an observation my daughter made many years ago, after having dinner at a friend's house: "Mom! They had dessert!" she exclaimed. Throughout her school years, she was invited to the homes of various friends and came to discover that most families do apparently have dessert after meals, something we almost never do around here. Although I grew up having dessert after meals, my thought is that many traditional desserts just provide calories we don't need -- so I almost never make them.

 Now that's she has ventured out in the world, it seems that my daughter doesn't does agree with me on the issue of dessert. And since she's been home from college this summer, she seems determined to set things right. Last week's recipe (from the back of a box of Kraft graham crackers) is worth sharing...and definitely worth making again. Even I will admit that it's a perfect dessert for summertime.

    Frozen Lemonade Squares

Ingredients:
9  HONEY MAID Low Fat Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
4 cups frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
6 oz. (1/2 of 12-oz. can) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
½ cup thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping

MIX graham crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch square pan. 


BEAT yogurt and concentrate with mixer until blended; spread over crust. 



FREEZE 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with COOL WHIP. 
 

 The good thing is that this dessert will keep in the freezer for a very long time, so I don't have to feel guilty about having a piece now and then. Will it change my mind about having dessert regularly? Probably not, but I'll certainly enjoy this one while it lasts!
Janet

No comments: