17 June 2012

Craft Room Update: BEFORE!

 I feel like I'm on the verge of something BIG...and I am! Today the carpet is being removed from my craft room/office space. This carpet is original to the house, meaning it is approximately 22 years old. And let me tell you, after many years of crafting in this room, it is NOT in good shape. And it got a little worse last week when I smeared just a few spots of BLACK PAINT on it while painting my desk. Oops!

I have ordered new "fake wood" flooring which will be installed on Thursday and Friday of this week. I could not be more excited about this little project!

 Of course, everything in the room had to be moved out. This was no small undertaking. In fact, this process has somehow turned the entire house upside down. The stuff is EVERYWHERE! For instance, the office desk drawers are now in my bathroom. If I need to staple something while I brush my teeth, I'm all set!

  I don't even want to THINK about putting it all back!  Actually, I won't be putting it all back. Many things still need to be sorted and consolidated -- especially those 15 or so tubs of school papers.

 For now, I'm enjoying the empty space in this room and looking forward to a big change later this week! Stay tuned!

No comments: