22 February 2011

These Peeps are Calorie-Free!

I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Peeps, the sticky yellow marshmallow confections that probably no one should eat. Maybe I like the IDEA of Peeps more than the actual taste because, let's face it: They're REALLY sweet. Almost sickeningly so.

When Peeps start appearing in stores, I always think I want a box. But I only have to eat one Peep before I start to wonder why I bought them in the first place. I guess I'm drawn in by the cute factor...and that slightly crunchy, sugary exterior.

Maybe rather than eating Peeps, I should just amuse myself by putting them in the microwave. If you've never done that, you should. A Peep in the microwave balloons to the size of a basketball then quickly deflates. This makes for a delightful minute of entertainment. (Note: I would not recommend eating a microwaved Peep.)



But I digress! If Peeps aren't on your diet this spring, you should consider coming to my April mini-album class at Memory Bound. We'll be using the Peeps line by We Are Memory Keepers, and these Peeps are calorie-free! And even cuter than the marshmallow kind, I might add.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Aw Janet!
This is too cute... I wish I lived nearby so I could come!

And I have never had Peeps... not much of a marshmallow person.

But THIS type of Peep I LOVE!

Kristina said...

Cute Project! I may have to sign up for that one.