25 July 2008

Spray painting adventures: Part II

Emboldened by our success with the plant stands and picture frame, Daughter and I decided to spray paint this shiny gold floor lamp with a hammered bronze finish.

Here's the lamp to begin with. As you can see, it is quite shiny.

And, after Daughter's careful work, here is the completed lamp! It looks totally different in the bronze color. AND it blends right into the dining room instead of saying, "Look at me! I'm gold!"

I am now on the lookout for a different kind of lampshade with a less traditional shape, one which will provide a little better light. When I get the new shade, I'll post a photo of the lamp in the completed dining room.

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Looks great! :)

Maureen said...

Tres cool... I need to do that to all my 80's era brass....

toners said...

Great job! What a difference!