27 March 2008

Blog Post to Layout

When I started my blog, one of my main objectives was to create text for future layouts. Since I usually begin a layout by figuring out the story that needs to be told, using my blog posts saves me time when I sit down to actually create.

Here's an example of exactly what I'm talking about. This layout is almost identical to this blog post. I printed the photo collage (created in Picasa) to measure 7.5x7.5, then I formatted my blog text in Word. Once I determined how much space the story would take, I figured out how everything would be arranged.

I got the formatting for the title while walking on the treadmill and watching Quick Fix Meals. I have no idea what this woman was cooking, but I really liked her logo!

I used a Krylon silver leafing pen around the edges of the title block, although you really can't see it well in the photo. In addition, I punched a snowflake, pressed it into an embossing pad and heat embossed it with silver powder. I added silver brads along the scalloped edge.

So there you go. Blog post to layout. I love it when things go as planned!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE this layout! It's just my style. Neat, graphic and well laid out.

emily said...

I really like this layout...the clean, basic colors are so nice! TFS

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love this layout and the whole idea! I would love to incorporate more of my blog posts into layouts! Great job!

Linda said...

I love this layout, lots of yummy treats to drool over.

Darcey said...

Great Layout! TFS!

Heather said...

I really like this layout. I keep noticing you referencing Picasa...I'm going to have to check that out soon. TFS!

Maureen said...

Wow Janet! I love it!!!! What a wonderful layout. And you're right; blogging DOES help journalling, doesn't it? Love the silver accents.

Cheri said...

What a delicious layout!:)

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful layout! I love the mosaic of photos and simple design. I, too, have been using my blog posts for cues when creating pages. :)