22 March 2007

Observations on a Thursday

Today's observations, in no particular order and of no particular value:

* Some days, a person just needs a Diet Coke.
* There are small, green nubs coming up in my perennial gardens.
* Never give yourself only one day to reconstruct a year's worth of unorganized receipts and records into something presentable for the accountant.
* Eukanuba makes a delicious dry weight control food for cats. But if you eat twice as much as recommended, you do defeat the purpose.
* Trying on jeans is one of the more humiliating experiences in life.
* When I have the time to scrapbook, I don't always feel like it.
* When I feel like scrapbooking, I don't have the time.
* Cold pizza, right out of the box, is a good thing.
* I have no patience for Internet outages.
* It's nice to have a clean house.
* But it never lasts long enough for anyone to see it.
* As of next week, my blog will be one year old.
* The week after that, Lily will be one year old.
* New braces cost $4,320. No extra charge for purple.

* Friends can brighten your day.
* Teenage daughters can brighten your day, too, when they're not causing you stress.
* Pregnant robins look uncomfortably large.
* Nothing beats Creme Brulee creamer.
* Unfinished projects make me crazy.
* I have a lot of unfinished projects.
* If spring break were extended for a few more days, I would not complain.
* When teenagers are "going out", this does not mean they are actually going anywhere.
* Teaching a teenager to drive requires a significant amount of patience and Diet Coke.
* Too much Diet Coke causes heart palpitations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Janet......we have WAY too much in common, such as:

* When I have the time to scrapbook, I don't always feel like it.
* When I feel like scrapbooking, I don't have the time.
* Cold pizza, right out of the box, is a good thing.
* I have no patience for Internet outages.

and this:

New braces cost $4,320. No extra charge for purple.

I'm staring that amount in the face next January....