15 November 2019

Feline Friday

Lily normally eats a half can of prescription food each day (along with her dry food), but I occasionally give her a half can of pate food instead. She loves all food, but she's absolutely CRAZED for any fish-flavored (or chicken-flavored or just about anything-flavored) pate food.

Unfortunately, I made a rookie mistake this week: After feeding Lily just one spoonful of her special salmon-flavored breakfast, I briefly left the room. The newly-opened can was unsecured on the counter. I know better than to leave Lily alone in the room with an open can of pate food.

When I returned, Lily was nose-deep into salmon pate, licking it out as fast as she could without taking a breath, I'm quite sure. After snagging a quick picture (I know, I know...), I gently removed her from the scene of the crime.


 In the few minutes I'd been gone, Lily managed to eat her entire day's worth (and then some) of canned food for breakfast.


And of course, she still wanted more. This salmon-flavored pate must be quite delicious. I think I'll just take her word for it!
 

No comments: