27 March 2019

Scrapbooking: Seattle/Vancouver Vacation 2005

Hello, friends!
It's been a very long time since I've shared any scrapbooking posts. The reality is that I haven't been doing much of it lately due to work-related projects. I've taken on a few new tasks which slowed me down for a bit, but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. YAY!

So with that, I have been able to spend a little bit of time working on my current vacation album project -- FROM 2005! We visited the Pacific Northwest that summer, spending time in Seattle and Vancouver and nearby areas. It was a wonderful trip, and I'm glad to get the pictures into an album!
 

The last time I posted about this project, I was struggling to get the pictures into the right order and roughly placed in the album. Well, that's all done now. WHEW! All pictures have homes but the pages are not embellished, nor is the journaling done. I'm hoping to start/finish the journaling this weekend since -- because it's been so long -- it will mainly be captions.

So I thought today I'd share just a bit about how this album is coming along to encourage those of you who may be in the same boat. It can get overwhelming being SO FAR BEHIND in your memory-keeping. I'll be honest: It does take some focused, dedicated blocks of time to make a dent in it, but once you get started, you'll be surprised at how momentum kicks in!

Now my disclaimer is that these pages all look pretty plain, so keep that in mind when you're scrolling through! Hopefully in the next part of this project, I'll be able to spruce them up a bit!

OK, now back to the album! At Memory Bound, we are now carrying Kiwi Lane products which are templates you can use to trace decorative borders and other elements for your pages. I've been making a bunch of samples for the store so while I had the templates at home, I thought I'd try them with a couple of "real" scrapbook pages in this album. You can see the curved template at the left. I'm a pretty linear scrapbooker so the curves do spice things up a bit for me! LOL
 

  In this album, I'm using a variety of sleeve configurations in different sizes. This really helps when you're trying to squeeze in a lot of memorabilia! Here you can see an 8.5x11 sleeve at the right with 3 pockets. I'm even OK with those postcards being sideways! 😊 That's progress, people!

 I kept a couple of maps which are actually pages out of an atlas. When folded in half, they fit perfectly in an 8.5x11 sleeve, as you can see here at the left.

 On this trip, we took a car ferry from Port Angeles, Washington to the Vancouver area. That was pretty interesting and not something we do everyday! So these pages will describe that experience.
 

In a few cases, I printed a title directly onto my page using my wide-format printer. This is a really handy thing to do -- if I would remember to do it! LOL
 

On this trip, we visited the original Starbucks in Seattle. When I was digging through memorabilia, I found the sleeve from my coffee cup which I kept all these years, so of course it had to go on the page! There is an empty space for a title and journaling at the top.

 One of my favorite stops on this trip was Pike Place Market. I have many pictures from this quirky and colorful place so I'm looking forward to finishing these pages!

 I purchased just a few die cuts for this album such as the "Washington" title below. This area is the historic Pioneer Square in Seattle.
 

 So while this album is far from done, completion is now within striking distance! I'm hopeful I can wrap it up in the next few days and get back to my chronological scrapbooks, because honestly I can't even remember where I left off. In my closet are many boxes like these which are stuffed to the brim with pictures to be scrapbooked. No time to waste!
 
I will share a few pictures of the finished album in the coming days! Thanks for stopping by!
jp



No comments: