09 June 2018

Scrapbooks Under Construction!

This is a page from 2003 from a scrapbooking convention our store hosted. I only recently scrapbooked this big event! The title "Scrapbooks Under Construction" seems fitting for this post!

I talk with people all the time who are behind on their scrapbooking, and I can certainly relate to that! After considerable messing around with things, I FINALLY finished the 2004 scrapbooks...14 years later!

You might be wondering why I was in this predicament to begin with. Way back then, in 2004 or thereabouts, I did quite a bit of scrapbooking but started skipping over events or activities that I didn't want to scrapbook, such as holidays. All holidays. And vacations. All vacations. And cat pictures. All cat pictures. And anything with a picture of ME. With so much skipping, I had oodles of pictures still not scrapbooked.

Add to that the problem of the old post-bound album format, which made it hard to go back and add photos...and that's why I am in this situation today: Partially finished albums.

Thank goodness for 3-ring binders! I converted all of my post-bound albums to this format, which makes life ever so much easier. And thank goodness for pocket pages, with which I easily added the missing events into my 2004 albums. I forced myself to deal with the Christmas photos and they really weren't as overwhelming as I expected. I kept telling myself that as soon as Christmas was done, the album would be finished!

I just kept the format very simple and added a few captions here and there. With that, I've finished two albums for 2004.
 However, we did go to DisneyWorld that summer, so I have an entire vacation still to do. I've purchased the album and paper for that and plan to start that project in short order.

 So I thought I'd take a cautious one-eyed peek to see how daunting 2005 might be. When I lifted the lid on the photo box, I could see that it was stuffed FULL, so that was a bit concerning! 
 But when I pulled out my albums, I could see that I've already made two albums for that year and they're also very full, which suggested that I just MIGHT be in better shape than it appeared! I started looking through the pictures in the box and comparing them to layouts already done and discovered...HIP HIP HOORAY!...that with just a few exceptions, almost all of the events have already been scrapbooked! The photos in the box are duplicates which I promptly and GLEEFULLY recycled!

Now I did discover TWO big trips in that box which will also need to be scrapbooked, but I will do those separately as they will need to go in a different album.

 Then I turrned to my memorabilia files....YIKES! This is where I will need to focus my attention for 2005. In these files are newspaper clippings, programs, tickets, etc. which need to be incorporated into the two albums. I had skipped over them previously because I was using the old post-bound format. So now I will use smaller sleeves and just add them in between the pages that are already done in my 3-ring binders. This will be easy to do and shouldn't take a lot of time. Some of this stuff is vacation memorabilia, so it's actually not quite as bad as it looks.
 

 So even though I still have a ton to do, I am slightly encouraged to find that 2005 won't be nearly as hard to scrpabook as the previous years I've worked on. I'm going to keep going and see how far I can get this weekend!
jp

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are making some really good progress! Congratulations! I am currently in the process of rethinking how I am scrapbooking and what makes sense for me. Taking apart some older books to get more story- centered pages & relocating to smaller books. It is definitely an ongoing process. Keep going!

Tutors in USA said...

The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for new information.
paving contractor Wellington

Raza Abbas said...

This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.best paver near Boynton