01 May 2012

It's May!

 Today I flipped the page on ye old calendar to May. MAY. I have always marked the passage of time in terms of school years, and it's extremely hard for me to believe that another school year is about to come to an end. We will soon be going to pick up our daughter at Indiana University where she is finishing up her sophomore year in the music school. How in the world did time pass so quickly?

I believe that the busier you are, the faster the days seem to turn into months. And I've been very busy lately with many fun classes and other projects for Memory Bound. If you've never been to our store, it's worth a drive from anywhere. And as you can see from the photo below, I'm lucky to work with lots of wonderful people who are very passionate about paper-crafting! We're in the midst of our National Scrapbook Week celebration with a travel theme. We don't normally stand around and point like this! :)

Among several other things, I just finished up a card/tag set project using a sheet of Sassafras sticker banners. Banners are very popular right now, and they're really fun to use on cards. We have an end cap set up with everything you need to create this little card set.

 I am also in the midst of a home office/craft room re-do. Awhile back, I took down a wallpaper border and now I'm in the midst of painting the walls a caramel color (Behr New Chestnut). I love the color but have concluded that no one will ever hire me as a professional painter! I'm hoping that two (or maybe three) coats will cover my ineptitude!

I have moved a lot of small things out of the room but I'm trying to work around the larger pieces. So in addition to being somewhat incompetent with a paint roller, my painting process is downright inefficient. I still need to use the room for various crafting projects, too, so right now there is just way too much happening in the space. Can you say "visually overwhelming"?

Once I finish the painting project, I'll be calling our flooring guy to get the carpet OUT OF HERE and replace it with some sort of hard-surface flooring. And of course when that happens, EVERYTHING will need to be removed from the room. Believe me, not everything will be going back! Stay tuned for progress updates.

Here's to getting a LOT done during the month of May!
Janet



6 comments:

Kristina said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your scraproom!

Janet said...

Thanks, Kristina! I'm SOOO excited to make this room into what I've wanted it to be! I'm sure you know the feeling. It's a long time coming!

Benita said...

Looks like you girls were having a blast :) And I LOVE the room color! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Janet said...

Thanks, Benita! I love the color, too. Same color we used in my daughter's bathroom last year.

Yep, it's a great group. If you're ever passing through Iowa, you must stop in! :)

Benita said...

I might just be coming through that way in September....hubby & I are currently thinking about taking a 2 week trek & going out to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Utah, etc. since it'll be my 50th birthday this year :) It's all still in the planning stages right now, but if we do it, we will definitely make sure we come that way....would LOVE to meet you :) And I can't pass up a good scrapbook store ;)

Janet said...

Woo hoo, Benita! PLEASE -- let me know if you are coming this way! I will meet up with you at the store! Would love to meet you, too! What a great b-day present for you!