10 October 2009

My last back to school layout!

This is my last back to school layout! Okay, not really, if you count the many back to school layouts from past years that I have yet to complete. But I'm getting there!


At the beginning and end of every school year, I force my daughter to complete a little journaling card. (In recent years, I haven't even had to force her because she knows it's important and enjoys going back and looking her journaling from years past.) This card becomes the main journaling on the page, along with a little sentiment from yours truly.

I would also like to point out the use of this particularly awesome striped paper by My Mind's Eye, which I had hoarded for this very moment! Since I only used a tiny bit, I still have plenty left to use any time she happens to wear that particular shirt again. :-) Case in point for my hoarding habit!

And don't miss those sweet little paws in the corner of the photo. This layout has been approved by Lily.


4 comments:

Jill said...

Awww! She's so pretty! And neat idea on the journaling card!

Fonda said...

Great use of hoarding! Love this LO.

Cheri said...

She's beautiful, as is your page. Love the card of journaling!

Heather said...

You can do them for when she goes off to college each year!!! So now it's not the last. Just the last of grade school.